Dr. Ankur R. Desai
Ankur Desai is on sabbatical leave from the UW-Madison from August 2013 until August 2014. Temporary contact information below. Email is still the best way to contact.
- Ankur Desai
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research Atmospheric Environmental Research (IMK-IFU)
- Kreuzeckbahnstra▀e 19
- 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen GERMANY
- Mobile: +49-152-36773296 Office: +49-8821-183-101 Room 230
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype: ankur.r.desai
, Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences
, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
: Center for Climatic Research (CCR)
and Center for Sustainability and Global Environment (SAGE)
, College of Engineering, Limnology and Marine Science
Ph.D. Meteorology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 2006
M.A. Geography, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, 2000
B.A. Environmental Studies, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, 1997
B.A. Computer Science, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, 1997
- How are the exchanges of carbon dioxide, water vapor and methane between ecosystems and the atmosphere mediated by land cover change, complex terrain, forest management, and disturbance?
- Can global climate and ecosystem models adequately explain regional carbon exchange in complex regions?
- When do variations in soil moisture and land cover affect the atmospheric boundary layer, dynamics of the hydrologic cycle, cloud formation, and precipitation?
These are the kinds of questions that I work on in my research. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Ankur R. Desai Department of Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, WI 53706 USA
Email: desai at
global and regional carbon cycle, micrometeorology, atmospheric boundary-layer, surface-atmosphere trace gas exchange, hydrologic cycle, remote sensing, forest ecology, soil-vegetation-atmosphere continuum, biogeochemistry, human-society-environment relations, climate change